Patients that are considering getting their teeth whitened usually always ask how long it’s going to take. But there is no clear answer to this question. The length of time depends on the state of the teeth before starting a whitening process, the type of treatment the patient has chosen, and what has discolored the teeth in the first place. One method can take 60 minutes and another can take weeks. Let’s take a deeper dive.
Common Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Professional teeth whitening. This is the fastest and most efficient way to whiten your teeth. This simple procedure can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes and patients walk out with 2-3 shades lighter teeth than they came in with.
- Whitening strips are commonly used, but they aren’t great for sensitive teeth. They also require a commitment to wearing them for 1-2 hours every day for 2-3 weeks.
- UV lights paired with gel is all the rage right now. The gel is usually peroxide-based and is supposed to be used alongside with a blue UV light. The UV light is said to activate the peroxide and expedite the whitening process. If used every day, you can see results within 10-14 days.
- Whitening toothpaste contains enzymes that eliminate stains with a toothbrush. If this is done twice a day, results can range anywhere from two to six weeks.
- Whitening rinses usually take the longest to show results. Try using the rinse for a few minutes every day.
Whitening Options at 38th Modern Dental
Here at 38th Modern Dental, we offer in-office and take-home whitening options. The in-office option takes just one visit. The take-home option is used once a day for 45 minutes for 2-5 weeks.
Patients can also enroll in our Bright Rewards program, available for a one-time enrollment fee of $99. Patients who choose to enroll will be fitted for a bleaching tray, and receive two tubes of whitening gel. Patients take home the trays and wear them daily. If you continue to come in for regular cleanings, we will send you home with more whitening gel. For more information about our Bright Rewards Program and our in-office treatments, check out our whitening page.
Start Whitening Your Smile Today
If you’re thinking about getting your teeth professional whitened, we are currently accepting new patients! Schedule your appointment online today for a consultation. We can help you decide which is the best option for you.